Venture Outdoor Leadership offers a variety of outdoor equipment for rent. Read the policies below, then peruse the list of items available and the rental rates.
Please fill out the Equipment Rental Request form if you are interested in renting equipment from Venture Outdoor Leadership.
Filling out the Equipment Rental Request form does not mean that you have reserved the equipment that you requested. A staff member will contact you regarding the cost of your equipment request and then you will need to make a payment before the reservation can be made. We will not place a hold on equipment without payment.
- Only UNC Charlotte students, faculty, and staff are eligible to rent outdoor equipment.
- Reservations are encouraged. The full rental price is required for advance reservations.
- Rental rates are determined as follows:
- 4 - Day: Thursday - Tuesday
- Weekly: Thursday - Thursday (rate quoted upon request)
- There is a 48 hour advance reservation required for boat rentals. All boat renters must be pre-approved by a Venture Outdoor Leadership professional staff member.
- Daily late fees will apply for each business day the equipment is late past the due date.
- Users or groups will be assessed a fee or penalty for lost equipment, or if equipment is returned dirty, wet, or damaged.
- More information on the costs associated with these penatlies can be found on the rental rates page.
- You will be held responsible for the full replacement cost of an item if it is deemed unusable after your use of the equipment.
Late Return Fee
Late return fee is equal to the late fee rate times the number of days late.
Boat rentals include accessory items such as PFD, spray skirt, paddle, and helmet.
The renter must be aware that boating can be dangerous, that extreme care should be exercised, and that the use of this equipment is in no way part of a Venture sponsored program.